Empire Movers Blog
Are you prepared for winter relocation?
January 4, 2012
Winter is one of the best time of year to relax at home with the whole family, celebrating the holidays. This is a time of meditation, new plans and resolutions…and the last thing you would associate winter is with relocation:)
But in one’s life can occur many situations when you have no other choice then to move your things to a new place during the cold weather. Let’s see how you can cope with the winter relocation and make it less stressful!
- Cheer up 🙂 First, we would recommend to cheer up and see the bright side of this “cold moving story”: during the winter the moving rates are lower than in the peak season. Professional movers would be more than happy to help you move in the new home in this cold season.
- Get help! If it’s your first moving experience, maybe it would be best to have the assistance of experienced movers. Some things are not suitable to be transported in a moving truck during winter (for example, plants) and a moving company can offer your valuable information that can save your money and time.
- Stay warm! Do not forget to have comfortable, warm clothes, equipment for each member of the family in order to avoid getting a flu or worse.
- Walking on thin ice… It’s great to have an emergency kit, especially if you would like to transport yourself some items. The ground can be slippery, that why be sure to get help and be precautious, while remembering the correct techniques of lifting and carrying.
- Strategize! It’s best to be prepared in advance for any risky weather conditions and plan at least the major milestones during the moving in order to not have any unpleasant surprises.