Empire Movers Blog
10 Moving Essentials: How to Survive in the New Home!
January 3, 2012
The first days in the new location can be hard and stressful: one of the moving trucks didn’t arrived yet, you forgot where you put the soap, some boxes are unmarked and you have to search in all of them to find the necessary items to get through the day.
Well, then why not compile a list of essential supplies to help you?
This moving checklist is great in order to not forget to pack separately items that you use on a daily basis.
Of course, this list is far from being complete, as each person/family has its own specific needs.
- Pair of scissors are great especially when moving in order to unseal packing boxes.
- Dishwashing liquid + laundry soap. You can pack a small bottle of dish soap, enough to survive the first couple of days.
- Kitchen knife. It’s best to put an all-purpose knife in your moving essential kit, as it’s indispensable even for basic cooking. Also, it can be used for other household purposes.
- Dishes. Of course, mugs, plates and other utensils will be needed for serving meals in the family.
- Pot – Pots can be very versatile if you consider cooking. You can choose a larger one, as it is suitable for different cooking tasks.
- Medical set with all the essential supplies for potential emergencies (injuries, cuts).
- Trash bags. They also come in handy for the first days in the new location.
- Rolls of toilet paper. It’s useful to have several of them in the house, if you’re not accustomed to the new surroundings and a supermarket is hard to find nearby.
- Flashlight / electric lamp. You can discover that your new home is out of electricity, so they can be useful too.
- Sponges & cleansing liquid. Of course, you should be prepared for all kind of situations, so don’t forget about them as well!