Empire Movers Blog
Keep Calm…and Have a Stress-Free Move!
January 28, 2013
Leave the worries of the moving day behind and check these easy tricks to have a zen and smooth move:
- Solve the chaos of packing by planning early. Try to make a timeline to include all the tasks needed to be completed. This will help you to get used to the idea of moving to a new place and the transition will be much smoother.
- If you stumble upon a task that’s time consuming or bothers you for a while, then leave it to professional help. Your good mood and time is valuable.
- Having a hard time packing every single knick knack in the house? Maybe it’s time to donate some of them and take with you only things you love and care about. Giving back to the community increases happiness, as studies showed.
- Do you feel overwhelmed? Sometimes the calm is just a breath away! Check your phone for free breathing exercises apps and regain control over the situation.
- Stay refreshed and hydrated. Both mind and body need care if you want to stay energized throughout the moving day.
- Kids and pets are not a burden while moving, as some would consider. Having your friendly pet and funny kid around can offer you a great time when taking a break.
- Lavender can help you reduce the tension, so keep some candle for the moments you want to relax a little bit.
- Make it special. Moving day can mark a new chapter in the life of your family, so you might want to transform it into pleasant memories, but organizing a party or a special family gathering.
We hope these quick tips will be of great help for New Yorkers planning their first move. Have a smooth and happy move!