Moving around NYC soon and considering hiring local movers in Astoria, Queens? Then, this blog post is for you. If your moving date is already set, then you might have started to search for moving companies in Astoria and we would like to point out why choosing movers in Astoria, closer to your home, might be the best solution for your moving needs:
- 1/ Experience. Moving companies located in Astoria can be the best option as they know Astoria better that other NYC moving companies: traffic jams, streets, local businesses. A move with them could be faster and stress-free. If you have questions or would like to reconsider your moving estimate, they will be easier to find and ready to help you.
- 2/ Reputation. Even though local Astoria movers might be small businesses that cannot compete on the same level with leaders in the NYC moving industry by number of employees, size and advertising budget, movers near your Astoria home can be more trustworthy than the big players. Local Astoria movers can be more careful with your personal items as their activity is based mainly on local reputation and their personnel is easier to identify in the neighborhood if something bad will occur during your move. Astoria movers rely mostly on recommendations from former clients, that is why they will try their best to complete successfully every moving job in the area.
- 3/ Time moving. Hidden moving costs are always a big concern when considering hiring Astoria movers, but choosing local Astoria movers can be a better option as this will prevent paying for extra driving fees, that other moving companies might put in your bill. Local Astoria movers near your home mean less time spend driving to your location and lower hourly rates.
- 4/ Supporting Astoria community-Why not trust a local Astoria mover that contributes to the growth of your community? Hiring your neighbor for a local move might bust his/her moving business and you could make important contacts in your area. Small business owners might not be well known around NYC, but they can be important for Astoria area.
- 5/ Customer care. Moving with a local Astoria moving company might be a nicer experience as local movers can be more approachable and friendly. Also, it is easier to communicate with local Astoria movers and ask for expert advice. They tend to be more informal and open to collaborate with the client. Flexibility is a big advantage when hiring movers in Astoria, Queens.
Good luck finding the best Astoria movers near your home and don’t forget to request a free moving quote from Empire Movers as well!